Monday 24 October 2011

Week 1...weigh-in

I'm not going to lie and say I've been saticking with it all week, which is not the best start as far as commitment goes. I know this blog so far makes for quite some giver-upper first impression...but I have an excuse. Not a very good one...but one I'll not be able to make again for a while, so I'm running with it. That'd be the only running I did last week. I had an essay to write. And everyone knows brains can't operate under diet condition in times of intellectual need. They tell you a balanced diet and hydration are the answer...I find M&Ms and tea sprout little trees of knowledge inside me. And, while I'm on the excuses, I had to renew my car insurance last week. More pressure(self-imposed, warranted). In the process of a 10 minute phone conversation with a man unsuccessfully trying to save me money I ate an entire bag of magic stars. Not the little bags. I suppose I fidgeted it off on my next, let me save you money! Oh...we didn't even offer you a quote online...? Right, well..., phone call.
So last week was a mixed bag. I did join the gym, I think winter will be too good an excuse for not running. And we have a corporate discount, I've justified the extra pounds in terms of food and alcohol. I'd easy spend my gym membership in one fat, drunken night.
On the plus side this morning's Monday weigh in was lower than last week. I'm a bit dubious about 3lbs though. I know they get excited about it on Biggest Loser, and How Fat Are Your Kids? and all such things, but 3 lb, really? I could eat 3lb, or poo it, or probably pee it on a particularly hydrated day. I think I have a massive capacity for food. I love food, and sometimes  I do literally just keep eating, even if I feel a little bit sick...I was trying to think how much I could actually eat. Whether I could consume a stone's worth of food in one sitting...but I think that's quite a lot. Like a really massive baby, that was all I could think to compare...I don't think I could eat a whole baby's worth. But 3lbs? Easily. We'll see if it keeps going in that direction.
Today saw the week off to a good start though, food all good, grasped, then released chocolate...thin Lucy is watching you...! Maybe deprivation is making me mental...
I went for a wee run after work today, then a swim. Not very far, but intervally, so fairly hard. It is ridonkulously windy up here so running, I almost convinced myself before I started, is probably pretty dangerous. I'm not caught up enough at work to be blown out to sea. Not yet.
So week 1 done, not especially eventful or well behaved, yet a minus on the poundage. I have high hopes for me...3 weeks till Sombrero Saturday.
Holler, peace out, dudely doo.

P.S. Mostly the wind has made me think I wantt o learn to surf. I think that might mean I am surf naive, I'm nto sure gales are surfable.

No comments:

Post a Comment