Monday 17 October 2011

False start.

It seems I've had a bit of a false start. Let's call it a recce. Now I know many things I shouldn't do. On the plus side I got to eat lots of peanut M&M's, they're less tasty cousin the "crispy" M&M, hmm...bacon sandwiches and some very tasty pasta. Mostly made tasty by the vast quantities of cheese and creme fraiche contained within. I did run a bit, swim a bit, pilates a bit, but nothing sensational. I think what I need to be sensational (it'll maybe be a bit of a leap...) are goals.

I knew I wasn't off to a winner at the end of my last post, vaguely thinking of 1000 miles, at some point in the future. As much as I loathed them in uni SMART goals may be the way forward. Now I have been doing a little "research", it was research in some sense anyway. I watched The Biggest Loser, the Australian version, and saw all the kegs those Aussies were shedding. I watched it while eating my creamy cheesy pasta and drinking cider. I shed an actual tear. I'm not sure if it was in honour of the program, or the pasta, or myself...but it was emotional. And I'm not a crier. Though the older I get the more I seem to well up...at the most ridiculous things. Overcoming adversity is the key to my ducts. Biggest Loser woman had to whack her way through a bit of wood. She did it eventually. Adversity overcome. Blub.

Anyhow, that's a peerie bit off track...goals! Them's the fellow. So 1000miles is the ultimate goal, and I'd like to get there by the end of next year, which, with the massive 10 mile dent I've already put in the target works out at 16/17 miles a week, which also allows me 3 weeks off, probably a bit on the generous side. That's a bit of a push at the moment, but once I'm like a superherosebcoepaularaddersfitnessdude it'll be a breeze. Shorter term I thought I'd look at the fatness. I weighed in again this morning. Limbered up like a boxer and everything, had a few harsh words with myself in the mirror, and came out heavyweight, or superheavyweight or something. Much about the same as last week really.

I like working with numbers so I got on the days calculator and found a nice round one - Hogmanay is 75 days from now. I'm not sure how good an idea it is having a target in the festive season, so I'm going to make one a wee bit further along too, and a couple of wee stepping stones beforehand. Mostly focussed around nights out. Because as much as I'm doing this all for me, so I can feel beautiful inside and out, have the confidence to walk on clouds and live my dreams, yaddayadda, I also would like to look nice. I'm shallow like that. I don't like pictures of myself, and I'd like to get to a point where I didn't mind them. I have new hair, I'm working on the make-up skillllz, I'm getting better at dressing myself, so if I eliminate some chub I like to imagine it'll help.

I'd like, on a tall day one day, to dook under into "Normal" on a BMI chart, I know it's not particularly reliable, and my massifico lift a baby elephant quadzilla thighs were not built for BMI, but it'd be nice to see if I can get there.

There we have it, a goal. Short enough terms to stop me losing interest, ambitious but achievable hopefully, though I'm not so sure on how low I can go weight wise...we'll see. If I find myself emaciated at any point with limbs like bits of dangly thread, I'll stop.

Today there was thunder and lightning. I weighted in first thing , ate ridicuously healthily, apart from a fudge bar and two tiny banana/fig/sunflower seed muffins...with all those ingredients they're surely at least one of my 5 a day. Maybe not so healthy after all. But I did run after work, wee smidger short of 2 miles, then swam a mile. And now I am for bed, early as it is.

Noches

No comments:

Post a Comment